photo header

photo header

Thursday, June 23, 2016

What's left out....

Many of the design blogs I follow hold pristine pictures of homes manicured and  manufactured by sole individuals creative minds and limited budgets. Or at that is at least what they would have you believe.  

The very idea of a cost efficient renovation is hilarious to me. And don't get me started on how photoshopped and lighted those pictures are of people's homes. Please come to my door! Bahhh. If only... 

Be gone spirit of discontent! 

It's money you are spending on something you deem valuable. If you want: treat yo' self! If you can't afford it: cue that song- ....love the one your with.....

My husband and I are raising our daughter, now just past nine months old, and are on phase two of the renovations we have planed for our 1954 ranch "Birdhouse". 

I've been struggling with this blog like most people do with their first blog to find my rhythm, pace and focused topic of choice. It's a blog about me and I am at heart an Christian artist. However I'm not in the hotshop these days. I'm in the classroom teaching elementary art, breastfeeding, or renovating. My latest personal artistic endeavor was dyeing my hair rose gold. 

All this to say I think I've found what it is I wish to blather on about here to this great internet void. 

Everything. Well aren't you surprised. 
No... Really, everything they don't tell you in those blogs. The helpful stuff. Not the how too if this beam support that joist or the  this paint color with that fabric texture.  

How to not kill your husband or yourself when plan A, B or C - X doesn't work out....

How to feel pretty when your hair is dyed Not rose gold.....

How to not kill your mom when she's just trying to love and help you.....  

Ya know that kind of stuff. 

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment