photo header

photo header

Monday, July 18, 2016

Remenants of a summer

These pictures are from the historic a society of Greensburg, IN and the pictures of the square grand are specifically for you http://victoriaelizabethbarnes.com so I hope you enjoy.



This is a great example of murini work in a glass paperweight from the 1930s. My husband David and I had a field day explaining how it was made to two older ladies running the joint. 


We even had a moment that felt like the Antiques Road Show from pbs where we turned it over and revealed clues to its origin and date because of the word 'China' scrawled on the bottom. Thanks to our trusty googling skills and glass history we were able to inform them just how wonderful and somewhat worthless it was. The experience was priceless. 


This is front of a church nearby. 

It's amazing to me how fast this summer has flown by. I feel a great since of dread and a pinch of excitement as I return tomorrow to another school year- my second as an Art teacher. 

Dear God let it go more smoothly. 


Leaded glass from a second story building in the courthouse square. 

No comments:

Post a Comment